The Cyprus Institute of Internal Auditors was founded in 1998. Today, it has more than 500 members and is governed by an elected Board of Directors of 10 members. The Board of Directors, the members of which are listed below, is supported by four committees, the members of which are also listed below.
- Home /
- About Us
Cyprus Institute of Internal Auditors
“Internal Auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organisation’s operations. It helps an organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Performed by professionals with an in-depth understanding of the business culture, systems and processes, the internal audit activity provides assurance that internal controls in place are adequate to mitigate the risks, governance processes are effective and efficient, and organisational goals and objectives are met.”
Vision & Mission
Our vision… The Cyprus Institute of Internal Auditors is the primary body representing, promoting and developing the professional practice of internal auditing in Cyprus.
The mission… The promotion and recognition of the profession of Internal Auditors in Cyprus, the enrichment of the knowledge and skills of our members through the exchange of ideas, information and experiences, as well as facilitation of training through seminars and conferences on internal audit.
Objectives & Strategy
Our main objectives are:
• To broaden the knowledge, skills, and expertise of professional Internal Auditors.
• To provide valuable and quality services to our members, as well as technical support and guidance.
• To raise the professional status of the Internal Auditor in Cyprus.
• To guide towards a high standard of quality of the professional services offered by Internal Auditors.
• To increase the number of our members who hold the professional title of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
• To achieve recognition of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), the professional title of CIA and the profession of internal auditing by the Government and the business world of Cyprus.
• To have a voice and role in decision-making centres which relate directly or indirectly with our profession.
• To add value and contribute positively to the success of our organisations and of the economy in general.
Our strategy includes the following:
• To promote the application of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
• To promote the professional certifications offered by the Global Institute of Internal Auditors, especially the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
• To maintain a cooperation network with various institutions of the Cyprus economy, with corresponding national and international bodies, as well as with educational institutions
• To have direct and effective communication and networking with our members and the public at large, and to develop wider social activity
• To provide to our members a sufficient number of seminars, conferences and other training courses with important and up-to–date subjects
• To upgrade the role of our Institute’s Sub-committees
|President||Mrs Anna Zavou Christoforou|
|Vice-President||Mr Aristodemos Yiannakas|
|Secretary||Mrs Sophia Kassianidou|
|Treasurer||Mr Marios Pashias|
|Member||Mrs Polina Antoniou|
|Member||Mr Christodoulos Hadjichristodoulou|
|Member||Mr Athos Fasouliotis|
|Member||Mrs Soteroula Savvidou|
|Member||Mr Rovertos Yousellis|
|Member||Mr George Nicolaides|
|Ward Whbeh Christofi|